Alton Sports Centre is an East Hampshire District Council owned sports facility located on the south-eastern side of Chawton Park Road, around 1.5km to the west of the town centre.
The new sports centre has an internal GIFA 6091m2. The site is 3.29 hectares and was occupied by an existing leisure facility which was built in 1973 and remained operational whilst the new centre was constructed.
Internally the facilities consist of:
• 25m x 13m 6 lane indoor pool
• 15m x 10m learner pool with moveable floor
• Wet-side village change in line with Sport England guidelines
• A large fitness suite
• Two generously sized studios
• Dry changing facilities
• Climbing centre
• Children’s soft play zone
• Spa area which will include treatment rooms, sauna, steam, hydro pool and relaxation areas.
Externally the sports centre has outdoor floodlit, synthetic turf pitches along with new vehicular, pedestrian and cycle routes and increased car parking facilities.